Monday, September 08, 2008

Too much fun in Singapore

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Evan had so much fun playing on the playground in the dark that even when he banged his head on a bar he didn't cry and just continued playing.  It wasn't until about 1/2 hour after he came back (he went out with Bev's aunt and his first cousin once removed Ray - I like Uncle Ray better, easier to say - while we ate), we were just on our way out, and for some reason I was playing with his hair when all of the sudden I hit a thick patch of hair stuck together.  Thought it was kind of odd, but just thought maybe Evan had boogers in his hair...until I looked at my fingers and found that they were red.  I did some more digging (visualize monkey picking lice) and found about a 3-4 cm laceration on his head, fairly deep, slightly bleeding. ...?  Did Evan not feel it?  Asked him if it hurt, he said, mmmh (which is yes, I think)...I think he was more interested in playing, of course.  Bev's aunt has four boys who can as a team wear out Evan.  The laceration looked like it could be remedied with Neosporin, but we just wanted to be sure it wasn't infected.  This would be the second gash on his head; the first one was when he jumped off the bed and hit the corner with the back of his head.  Blood was gushing everywhere, Bev said (or at least made it sound like) it was like something out of a horror flick (but I would never know, I don't like those).  Headed over to Juliana's alma mater, Gleneagles Hospital, and the doctors there glued his head together.  We told Evan the doctors were giving him a haircut so he was quite positive throughout the procedure, flashing gang signs at the camera and flapping his legs around.  

I was quite positive until I received the bill.  That's an expensive noggin.  There'd better be something in there.

9 comments:

ricka said...

eh? what happened?

andrew said...

Definitely looks like a little too much fun....so like Rick said..what happened eh?

YourFriendMark said...

there, explanation added. just wanted to add some suspense to the pictures. actually just lazy :)

Jerin said...

Oh, heheh - I thought Rick and Andrew were having some trouble reading for a second there. :) Poor boy. Good thing kids are so dang tough! No stitched huh? That's good, cuz otherwise there'd probably be a tiny bald spot there (which would make for good stories when Taisei decides to shave Evan's head when they're buddies in college).

Michelle said...

oh head. what were you doing in singapore??

JJ said...

Gotta love any kid that plays through a serious blow to the head! At least he has his priorities (having fun) straight!

Da said...

Wow..they glued his head and gave you a huge bill!! Hm..I am thinking that you should have some extra Krazy Glue handy when these things happen again. We hope he's ok...but I guess he got a free haircut out of it, that's not bad.

Candace said...

Oh man! Poor kid! Boys are definitely more brave. (Or oblivious...you pick. =))

KA said...

Mark and Bev,
It's so good to see your blog. What fun you guys have been having. Poor little Evan with his cut head. It happens to all parents I guess. I'm glad it was all okay (except the bill I guess)!