Monday, September 29, 2008

You did what to a Mochi?

We were shopping around in the Akihabara area, known for electronic stores of all calibers, and went into a kitchen appliance store.
I found what I thought was a waffle iron, but it made white colored waffles? Huh?
So I googled it, and this is what I found.
It is a Moffle Machine! It makes waffles from mochi! And you can eat it with almost anything. Ice cream, curry, salmon roe (eggs), dipped in chocolate, with ham and cheese, really anything! I'm very curious. I don't know if I'm willing to shell out $70 USD to try it. I think there are a few cafe's that have put it on their menus. So I'll let you know when I try it if its good. :)
I guess the article says people have tried using their reg waffle irons with mixed results. I might try it, it can't be too hard to clean up right?

4 comments:

Jerin said...

Uh... that sounds pretty weird. Most Americans won't even know what Mochi is, unless they're Hawaiian or have Asian friends.

ZhaoKids said...

haha......didn't know Mark go through a red light. good that you are not in DC area. I am sure you will get a ticket with a nice photo!!

ZhaoKids said...

also......when you come back, we can all crochet together. I am actually starting crocheting because of Alexis and Christy. so when you come back to DC area. We can all meet up and crochet. hahah

also, we are trying to name the girl with a E name, or C name =)

Matt said...

Bev, you've got to let us know how the mochi in a normal waffle maker goes. If ours was packed on our shipment (still waiting for the boat to arrive) we're definitely going to give it a shot. Mochi and seaweed are Janae's favorite. Every time we see it we have to buy some - no matter where we are, how much we've already eaten, or what time of day it is.