Monday, April 23, 2007

Let's Tokyo

Tokyo 2007
Ah, the nostalgia. Tokyo is beautiful this time of year because it is when the Cherry Blossom Festival happens and it's nice to see that families actually do sit under the trees and have picnics while the sakuras are in bloom! It didn't last long, though. Just like the ones in DC, the rain, wind, and cold blew it all away. Rivers, cars, sidewalks were covered in little blossoms. Anyway, did quite a bit of walking around Tokyo. A little too much, that I got lazy toward the end and just ate at local American food on base rather than walk 10-15 minutes off base. Yes, trains are very convenient in Japan, but they can be a ways away sometimes. Hopefully we'll be back there soon. There's just so much to see, so much to do! Will write more later. It's almost 1am. (not that that ever mattered, but people at work are starting to notice when I get in late :) )

5 comments:

Jerin said...

Hey! I saw the Taisei Hospital! A hospital dedicated to Taisei. You'd better not mess with him I guess. I think he and his buddies should be entitled to free insurance there. And the huge dollar store! Holy smokes! 5 stories worth of cheap Japanese goodies (all made in China of course).

Jerin said...

Hey! I just noticed Taisei also has a construction company over there too. Uh oh, I hope Taisei's not the next Joe: Joe's Crab Shack, or Trader Joes, Sloppy Joe ...

Anonymous said...

Hello...This is Sandy...hope you guys still remember me...Sandy from Taiwan....
I went to Tokyo last Dec..it was pretty fun...
Anyway..just want to say hi...
And..i am studying in BYUI now...Back to School life....

Wami said...

Wow!Wow! Mark, you had a great time! I recognized many places in the pictures-Yokohama, Hiroo, Shibuya where I served in my mission. Natsukashii! Ah-,I miss Japan. I have to talk to Jerin to see when we can go this year.

Tim & Crystal said...

hahaha....too funny....again...meant to be visited:) And thank goodness we don't have to hang Russ out anymore. There's a nice nice backyard well sort of...common ground through our balcony! Finally he's free to run and do his business and bark!!! Haha! And there's a ton of small dogs here belonging to our reps...so you can bring Lucy;) AND....a pool for Evan...hehe!