Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Long day...

It's been a long day. I'm so tired, I'm gonna have to keep this short or else I will fall asleep on the keyboard. :) Careese was very nice to sleep in today. This never happens with her. She's such a light sleeper until this past week, where she'll sleep 11-12 hours a night now. Nice. With her sleeping in I had time to make and post more clips on my etsy site. Here's two more that I made that you're getting a sneak preview of. I haven't figured out which clips to pair them each up with so its sold in a set instead of individually.



We had a parent teacher conference with Evan's teacher today too. We found out that Evan's sensei had no idea that Evan was picking up any Japanese, because it turns out that he doesn't say much in school. If she speaks English to him, he'll go off speaking English back to her. But she doesn't understand much English, let alone a 3 yr old Evan's version of English. Seems like he gets into disagreements with the other kids, because he doesn't understand what they're saying. They actually try to help him putting on his coat or backpack, but he doesn't understand and gets upset at them. So, I'm going to have to help him understand what's going on in school until he learns more Japanese. But I'm glad to hear that he's got lots of friends in school that like to play with him and help him out!

I got our Christmas tree up finally. I usually get it up the day after Thanksgiving. I think I wasn't as motivated because we could only ship part of all the Christmas stuff we had to Japan. Long story short, we had to cut our shipment limit from half our stuff, to half of that. We had to make last minute decisions on what we absolutely had to bring with us to Japan. And our Christmas stuff took a hit. So we have a tree at least and some decorations for the tree and our stockings and a couple wreaths. And that's pretty much it. Since it was such a rush decision I didn't remember what we did and didn't bring with us and I'm finding out now, and it makes me a little sad that some of our fav and special ornaments got stored. Well, its the spirit behind Christmas that counts, right?
I'm beat. Putting the tree up myself and trying to keep the kids from tearing it down at the same time wore me out.

3 comments:

KA said...

You are so on top of it to keep your blog so up to date Bev! And the tree is beautiful, along with your cute little hair clips. I don't know how you do it all...you are one super woman.

We just had thanksgiving at your place with the Becks. It's funny visiting your house without you there but it's feeling more and more like the Beck's place. It was a delicious Thanksgiving and we had lots of yummy food and fun! Thanks for all the updates! Miss you guys!

JJ said...

Love the new clips! And that is so sweet about the kids in Mr. E's class! Maybe I will send you all the Christmas decorations I am not using this year (I'll be in LA so no point in decorating DC).

123 checkoutourfamily said...

You're so talented! I need to learn to make hair clippies. I'm sure this little girl will be bald for a while so I guess I have time.

Getting ready for Christmas is a lot of work. I'm impressed that you got the tree up while fighting the kids off of it. I'd be pretty exhausted too.

I'm impressed with all the blogging. Way to go!