Sunday, November 12, 2006

cold sores

And just so I don't sound like a wuss, I wanted to explain the sores in my mouth so you can get an idea of the pain I am (still) in. One of the two main sores is just off the tip of my tongue, starting on the side and going to the bottom, and the other sore is on the bottom side of the tongue on the other side. There are a few more sores located on the roof, the side, and just in front of my front teeth. Doctor said it's some kind of virus, and I should have sought treatment as soon as it started. But who knew that a typical-looking cold sore would turn into something so massive?! I can't talk (and when I do I sound like Sloth), I can't eat unless the pieces are small and I shove it to the back corner of my mouth to avoid any pain. Hard to sleep too. I'd take a picture if you're interested in seeing it, but I think after you see it, you may not visit this blog again. So I'll just leave it at that. Hopefully these sores will go away soon. I feel like the sidekick dog, like Muttley, or Scooby Doo, or one that holds up signs to say something.
It'll definitely be an interesting last day of work tomorrow!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

hey mark, i bet a million people have tried to give you cold sore advice, but this might be worth an internet search. one of my mission comps said that her sister would get massive cold sores unless she took quite a hefty supplement of lysine every day. now, yours being viral, i don't know if it's related or could be helped by this, but i wish you good luck, sanity, and a speedy recovery. ~michelle

Jerin said...

Big baby!

j/k :) I feel bad for ya man. I'm a big-time canker sore sufferer, and those sound like nothing compared to what you have. But I've had a small taste of not being able to eat, smile, etc. And I get them the most when I'm on vacation too. Probably has something to do with the immune system. Anyway, can you post some pictures? Just so we know you're not making this all up. haha!

andrew said...

I'm also one of those people who's always living with canker sores somewhere in my mouth from one day to the next - and it also usually flares during holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) making the eating experience not so enjoyable. What' you're going through sounds even worse! Good luck and speedy recovery!