Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Do not lick this blog, you just might get sick.

I knew something was up yesterday when my cough came back. Dave said, "uh oh, are you getting sick?" and I said "oh, no its just a cough I've had forever." I should have seen it coming. There's a 'bug' going around my office and I KNOW the air in there is probably no better than the air on an airplane. It's all recycled!

I just typed up this huge blog entry and it all disappeared on me... I hate that! I'll just be brief on what little memory I have left from being pregnant.

I've been reading a book called "The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy... Or what your doctor won't tell you" It's got some good insight from pregnant mothers' view of things, though I don't totally agree with everything in it. I've just come to the part about labor and birth, and the reality is REALLY setting in. My friend Mary said after she watched the live birth video, "That's the ONLY way this baby is going to come out?!" It makes me think I'm only going to have one kid.

However, my friend Mary also said, "Once its all over and you're holding your baby, you forget every experience from the last 9 months. And you want to have more kids!" I hope she's right.

These days I watch other people raise their children and I think "Man, there are some people that SHOULDN'T be allowed to procreate! These kids are going to be so messed up! I need to raise my 'Army of Helaman' to counter-balance that."

So, you'll probably still hear my 'I don't like pregnancy' compaints and fears when I'm pregnant with my 12th Helaman.

No comments: