Friday, December 10, 2004

What a Day

Well we went to our first doctor appointment to check on our baby. It actually was supposed to be the day before, but we were late because Bev was stuck in Southeast DC and I was stuck in Northwest, and anyone who knows that area, it's pretty hairy during traffic hours. Anyway, we waited and waited, in anticipation to catch the first glimpse of our baby. It was a touching moment to be able to see the little baby there, with little arm nubs waving back at us, and watching its little heart beat. I held back my tears, but was filled with excitement to see a little healthy baby growing up in there. I couldn't be more honored/blessed to be entrusted with raising a baby.

On a funny note, Bev almost passed out giving blood for the bloodwork. I think it was because I started asking the nurse, "so, how many ounces do you take out?" Bev started turning green and feeling faint, I kept talking about food, and then the doctor came in and said she looked pale and needed to lie down. The nurse finally got what she needed, and laid Bev down and gave her water and a chocolate truffle. Ok maybe it's not a funny note. It was my fault really.

Now we're in Seattle (I know, long long day). Bev's brother Leroy is coming home from his mission in Sydney, Australia, today, so we're going to welcome him back. I'm still stuck on Eastern time so I've been up since 5am PST, while Bev seems to have no problem adjusting. Oh well!

No comments: