Tuesday, December 28, 2004

In the city of angels

First full day of the Lau family reunion, and some things never change. It still takes the group an hour to get going anywhere and a convoy of mini vans making a couple u-turns to get to our final destination. All in all, its good fun to be together again. Our last one was about 7 years ago, so its quite a shock to see how everyone has aged.
Last night everyone stayed up late playing mahjong and Halo 2. The Halo 2 group lasted to about 5:30 am, keeping people with jetlag (like me) awake. Sleep has become something we do on the go since all our travels began.
The thing about being Chinese and pregnant is that everyone will tell you or try to feed you strange things. Supposedly, anything or anyone touching my shoulders is a bad thing. Eating green mung beans is not good. Warm water good, cold water bad. With my cold I can't get anyone to give me any medications. And ginger is my friend.

But, I still love my family reunions.

No comments: