Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Hairclip Making Machine

I'm finally nearing the end of a huge order from a lady from here on base for hairclips for her 8 granddaughters. She ordered 26 pairs! I'm so excited for her granddaughters! But I've already ran out of some supplies, so it was good timing that I had a trip to Seattle recently to make a run to Michaels to get more. I made sure to stock up this time.
I miss Michaels. There's a couple craft stores nearby, but the prices just don't compare. Plus, crafting here in Japan leans more towards beading, felting, knitting/crocheting, and sewing. I'm finding lots more cute fabrics and felt colors and yarn textures than in the US. So, maybe my crafting habit will have to take a new direction soon.
Here's two if stores I frequent that have websites: (viewed with google translate, so the english maybe butchered)
Yuzawaya
Odakaya
The funny thing about the larger craft stores here is that they sell lingerie there too. Not to make yourself, but to buy. I guess they figure their customers are usually women who need lingerie while they're looking for buttons.

4 comments:

Boden Family said...

Hahahaha....because I am always looking for lingerie when I'm buying buttons. I love those barretts. The little flowers are so cute!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

cute! SO I think think you should give me directions on making hair clippies. I have a girl on the way and not really anything to put in her hair. She'll probably be bald for a while so it won't matter but eventually.

Anonymous said...

Nice! you have a better market in Japanese since not many ppls do it. Let me know whenever you need more supplies, I will be more than happy to make a trip to Micheals for you :)!
Can't wait to go to the craft stores in Japanese with you again!!!
BTW, you probably knew we got the package already, thanks!!! Those leg warmers are so cute, I never seen it before, i love it!

JJ said...

Hilarious! Can you see G Street Fabric selling underware? Let me know if you need anything from Michaels!