Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beijing Day 3

After yesterday's day out in the cold, we were more than happy to stay indoors today while Mark was at his conference. Evan actually asked to stay in the hotel. The hallway out side our room is in a circle, with the elevators in the middle, and it makes for a great "track" for Evan to go crazy on and for Careese to practice walking/running.

Careese is such a light sleeper, Evan and I had to hide out in the bathroom to keep from waking Careese up. Its nice that we have a nice big bathroom, with a TV in it! While we were waiting for Careese to finish her nap, Evan fell asleep while playing the games on my phone. He actually stayed there for the next 2 hours too.


We went out with my cousin Faye and her roommate for Peking duck today. Its like when we had sushi in Japan. It's so cool! We love how cheap food is here. We could feed four and Evan for just under $50. And we had ordered two ducks along with all other food we ordered. We love China for cheap food and taxi rides. Tomorrow we'll try going to a market to try our hand at haggling. Should be fun.


Part of our hotel package includes the daily Bathology. I've never soaked in a tub like this! And that it's a nightly ritual, is fabulous! Mark has made sure everyday to call and schedule this for me and picks the different aroma themes for me too. Such a wonderful husband! I feel bad for all the flowers that were sacrificed for it. But I can't deny that my skin hasn't felt softer. hehehe Everyone, except Careese, has had some time in the nightly event. I have no idea if Careese could even be in the tub with all those oils and bath salts, but I'm gonna guess its not a good idea. Anyway, we actually have to move hotels for the last two days here, and I'm gonna really miss my evening bath and chocolates.

3 comments:

TC said...

You should definitely try to find the hair clip supplies in china...I bet it will be dirt cheap:) Where's this hotel you're staying at?

the Dao's said...

I can't wait to go to China next summer. It will be a great family trip. Hope we will have as much fun as you do!

Beverly said...

i can guarentee you will have a good time, because its so bitter cold here now, you don't want to be out if you dont have to. Its the wind chill factor that makes it feel 20 degrees colder than it really is. Glad Japan isn't like this.
I actually haven't even thought of buying hairclip supplies here. where on earth would I find a craft market here?
We 'were' staying at the Westin Chaoyang. If we ever make another trip here, I'm looking to book it here. its close to shopping and lots of food, church, and right out side a train station.