Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New House

new house

And we're back! Ok so I've been working on typing a post, but I haven't found the time to finish it. So here's pics to make up for it.
As for how we're doing? We're as settled in as fleas on a turtle's back. hahaha you like that? I just made that up myself. We're just dying waiting for our shipment to get here. I can't justify going out to buy things we need when its coming in our shipment. So we have to keep telling ourselves, and Evan, that our stuff is comeing just hang tight a little longer. I'm tired of only having 4 plates, 4 forks, 4 cups, 4 bowls. And Evan is tired of looking at his same books and toys. He's resorted to using his imagination... which isn't bad, but he's using an empty bottle and a tennis ball to "play" baseball. Poor kid.
I've talked to him about where his toys are. He actually got quiet and sad when I asked him where specific toys were. Almost like he was gonna cry. I pulled out a map that we got in the Westin Kids Club package and showed him where our old house was and where we are now and how all our things are on a ship (conveniantly there's a picture of a ship on the water too) and it has to sail all the way around the world to get here. He perked up right away. And now anytime he remembers something that we're missing he tells me about the ship that's coming really really slowly to bring it here. Wow, I didn't think he'd get it.

7 comments:

Candace said...

Man, that is a TON of counterspace and cabinets!! And the laundry room looks freaking awesome! Hooray! Hope you're enjoying the new place!

Jerin said...

Evan's a cutie. It's good to rough it from time to time. It helps you be grateful for what you have.

Hey Bev -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It's still your birthday in your hometown of Seattle for another 11 hours (10 more here in Utah - yes, we're helping you to celebrate it remotely :) ... even though it's already passed in Japan. I hope you got some great gifts, yummy food, and happy family time!

JJ said...

What? It was your birthday? Well I hope you had a fun celebration!!!! Happy late birthday!

Singapore Girl said...

Happy belated birthday!

Michelle said...

i had this super weird dream about your new house. well, in your pics it's really bright and nice and roomy. in my dream you had decorated it to look dark, small, and smoky. very ugly. and i thought to myself, this is so weird. bev has such great style. what happened? luckily i woke up!

Beverly said...

dark and smokey is all the rage now? thanks for the leg up! hehehe Actully, I just had a dream that there was a whole other side and floor to the house that we forgot about and it had a pool and japanese zen garden. then I woke up. boo.

Matt said...

Wow! Great place and good to hear you guys got to settle in a little quicker! It looks nice and spacious.

Places here are tiny and expensive! Still haven't found a place yet but hope to do so soon.

Happy really belated birthday.