Sunday, June 01, 2008

Counting down the days

T-minus 5 days till the movers arrive and we move into a hotel for a few days. I'm not counting down the days cause I'm excited... no can't think of that yet. Mark's on business while I'm packing up the fort along with the kiddies by myself. I come off as calm and collected, but really I'm going nuts! There's a hundred things in my head of things to do. I made a list, but looking at it makes me overwhelmed. Who knew we had so much stuff after just 5 yrs. And on top of that I've got to get the the house ready for renters. *sigh*

My biggest problem, which is of my own doing, is that I try to keep the house clean at the same time as I'm taking things out and separating them. Careese is crawling and pulling up now and I don't want her to get hurt or eat something she shouldn't. She's moving a lot sooner than I'm prepared.
Everytime I pull something out, Evan's right there asking me "what's that? can I see it?" "is that for me?!" "I want it!" arghh. I'm glad we have movers to pack for us, but it's still a pain to figure out what we'll need for the next 3 years and what to store.
I've been blessed to have great friends and some family nearby that can watch Evan while I hammer away at this huge task.
We did take a break yesterday to visit Abby and Da and go strawberry picking. Evan loved it. He'd pick one and put it in his bag then pick one and put it in his mouth. He was covered in strawberry juice and mud. A little dirt won't hurt, but at the rate he was eating strawberries, probably a good idea to stop him.

Evan had his last class of Joy School for the school year this last week too. It's like a pre-preschool that 6 of us moms put together and rotate teaching. They had a class picture and decorated picture frames. Evan loves his! He'll hold it and talk about his friends in the picture. "Its my friends!" He puts his frame on the top of the couch everytime I try to put it away. I'm glad he knows who he's friends are, but I wonder if he will miss them when we move?

Ok time to get back to work...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

ah, bev that seems so hard!!!!!!!! my heart really goes out to you especially with two little ones in the house. moving is always a pain in the hiney, even with movers, but with evan and careese... there's probably not a single way it could be more complicated minus cutting off your arms or something.

Kelley said...

Beverly!! It's too bad we couldn't get together while you were here...I guess Jeff and I will just have to visit YOU!! ^.^ Hmm...Hawaii can totally be on the way to Japan on an extended honeymoon ehehe

JJ said...

I hope the packing-moving is going well! And, Mark, you are already missed at work!