Thursday, February 07, 2008

Too Good to Be True?

Evan woke up this morning, ran into our bedroom, and crawled in between us in the bed, just like any other day. He usually waits until I get out of bed to "wake up" (he'll either check to see if my eyes are open or poke me to see if I'm awake/alive). This time, Careese was crying frantically so I either went over to help her calm down or Bev fed her and then I took over for the calming down part. Nonetheless, we lost track of Evan, he ran out of our bedroom and closed the door. As soon as Careese is calmed and back in the crib, I ask Bev where Evan is, open the door, hear nothing but a little humming boy. Usually this isn't good. But I see the shadow of the light on in the bathroom...I walk that direction, and see a little Evan, sitting on the potty, doing his business! You know what this means?

Evan:
-realized he needed to poop
-turned on the light in the bathroom
-took off his own pants
-took off his own diapers (not pull ups, the usual ones)
(next one's kind of gross, but pretty amazing for you baby poopoo fans)
-cleaned out his own diaper by dumping what already came out into the toilet!
-folded the diaper up, ready to be thrown away
-either put the toilet ring down or pulled the toilet ring up
-stuck the potty on top of the toilet
-stepped up onto the toilet
-conducted his business on his own

Bev and I were so proud of our little Evan today.

I guess since the Sonics have won four of their last five games (including tonight against the Kings), ANYTHING is possible...

Maybe one day we will all be healthy and without sickness. In the meantime, we're just getting over the flu, possible sinus and ear infections, sore throats, coughs, and runny noses. 'Tis the season!

Another funny Evan-ism today: Our friend Danielle was over at our place today, and close to the end, we asked Evan if he wanted to go home with her, he said "yeah". Asked him a few other questions, and then he ran off to do his thing. About five minutes later, he came back, a little more serious this time, and said "Evan wants to stay home...Evan needs to stay here." Funny. He actually put some thought into the questions we asked. We were hoping he'd maintain his "yeah" answer so we can get some peace and quiet. Oh well. Maybe we'll tell him he'll never have to sleep if you go with any of our friends :)

1 comment:

Jerin said...

That is a remarkable milestone. I will rejoice the day I can write these same things about Taisei's potty training, which we haven't started yet.

Sean and LaReen told their son he could go home with me once. They were joking, but he took it seriously. I noticed he was actually packing and I told him he'd better check again with his parents. He was heartbroken when he found out they were joking. We all felt so bad. It's now something too serious to joke about. :D