Friday, August 10, 2007

Beverly & Liew's Birthday!


Liew and I have birthdays only 2 days apart. So we celebrated together. Liew and Andrew made some super yummy fried springrolls for dinner. And I made another fruit cake too. This time I added white chocolate to the cream cheese frosting, and it was DIVINE! Afterwards, I ended up eating the frosting with the left over strawberries. mmmmm. My next thing is to find the perfect cake recipe. I've just been using the store bought box type, but it isn't as fluffy as I'd like. I tired whipping the egg whites before folding it in the batter and it helped a little. Maybe I just need to use a sponge cake recipe and modify that? If anyone out there has a white cake recipe that's half cake and half sponge cake consistancy, please share!


I mentioned before that I was taking on a new hobby of crochet. I'm happy to report that I've completed my 2nd project! That's amazing for me! I almost let this one collect dust in my craft closet. But it's done and it turned out well for trying to make up my own pattern. Evan likes it a little too much. He thinks its for him, and will ask me to cover him with it when he's watching tv. I was planning on giving it as a gift, but now I'm wondering if I can part with it? I worked so hard to complete it. What if I never finish a project of this scale again? I'll have nothing to prove to Mark that I do get craft projects done!

4 comments:

Tim & Crystal said...

I still want a piece of the cake...haha...and guess what? My wedding scrapbook is DONE!!! After 2 years and 3 summers....what am I going to do now?

Jerin said...

Wow - that cake looks amazing! Hm... I'm having thoughts about where I should celebrate my birthday now... ;)

Hey, how do you find time to do stuff like that? Besides having an active boy running around, you're hardly ever in town!

Wami said...

WOW!! The cake looks so delicious!! I wish I could be there to try it.

Singapore Girl said...

Happy belated birthday!

And the something "BIG" you might want to achieve before your next 10 year HS reunion is to start a specialty cake boutique!