Friday, May 19, 2006

Mystery Solved


Thank you Wikipedia.com! What is the relationship between my son Evan and my cousin Su called? First cousins once removed. Wanna find out more?

Chart relationships
  • My sibling has the same parents as I do (NOTE:--- half-siblings share only one parent --- step-siblings share no biological parent)
  • The child of my sibling is my nephew/niece and I am his/her uncle/aunt
  • The grandchild of my sibling is my grand nephew/niece and I am his/her grand uncle/aunt
  • The great grandchild of my sibling is my great grand nephew/niece and I am his/her great grand uncle/aunt
  • If our parents are siblings we are first cousins, and have the same grandparents
  • If our grandparents are siblings we are second cousins and have the same great grandparents
  • If our great grandparents are siblings we are third cousins and have the same great-great grandparents
  • My first cousin's child and I are first cousins once removed to each other (one generation difference between us)
  • My first cousin's grandchild and I are first cousins twice removed to each other (two generations difference between us)

1 comment:

Singapore Girl said...

I'll have to refer to this information every time I meet a relative to figure out our relationships. Thanks!