Friday, September 16, 2005

The day has come.

I think the Virginia State Police are on to me, and have been tracking our blog. Me and my big mouth. Well, the time has finally come for me to get a speeding ticket. After ignoring the warnings of all the conference attendees and coordinators, saying US 29 near UVa/Charlottesville is swarmed with cops (since on the way down we didn't see any, I guess it was because it was Sunday evening!), I was pulled over by an unmarked Intrepid going 73 in a 60. Which is pretty good, because I was (of course) going faster than that. So ten years with a "clean" record (I had traffic school twice in Utah, which more or less erases the record that I ever got a ticket, but the cost is equivalent to a ticket), and was slapped with a $121 ticket. $5 per mph over the limit, plus a $51 processing fee (!!! worse than Ticketmaster!!!) and a $5 random fee. So that's $121 / 10 years, means I got the equivalent of $12/year for speeding. That's not too bad! Especially with all the warnings I've received, I really can't complain :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still make a new year's resolution every year to stop speeding? Just curious...:)