Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Well, Ok. Maybe I should post as well.

Well, now since Andrew has proven his alive-ness with his cookie-cutter days, I guess I should give an update on "what's Mark doing these days?" Now that I'm done learning more Chinese, and Bev's done with work, I take the VRE train into work every day. It's very very very nice, the seats are cushy and definitely beats 1 hour on the Metro and 1/2 hour on the Bus. Plus when I go to the station and on the way home, I am going opposite traffic! So altogether, it takes about 1 hour to get home. To you non-DCers, you're probably thinking...1 hour?!? Are you crazy? Trust me, 1 hour is good. Especially because it's ALWAYS going to be an hour, regardless of how bad traffic is...well, I guess if a train derails, there might be some delays.

That gives me plenty of time to finally study for the GRE. Yes, I want to go back through school. What am I going to study? Who knows? I guess I should figure that out sometime. But I'm making myself study and get the GRE done with, because I promised myself I that I would not pick up Alias Season 3 until I do so. Good incentive, huh? Good enough for me.

The other day I picked up a computer from the garbage...no I didn't go dumpster diving, I didn't even dig through a garbage can. There was a computer sitting out on the curb on garbage day sitting next to garbage bags (it wasn't even touching garbage!), so I thought I'd stick that in the trunk before heading off to work. Bev thinks I'm a ding-dong, but I thought, what if it works? And it does!! DANG I should have picked up a monitor too, but I thought for sure those were dead. I guess not. Oh well. So it's a P3-500 w/128mb RAM, but I added 256mb to it from another old salvaged computer, so now it has 384mb, a 6gb hard drive and cd-rom. The best part: I finally got Warcraft 2 to work!!! It's an old game that I was consumed in during the latter part of my high school career and Freshman year at BYU. Those of you who know the game know what I mean. Oh baby. The nostalgia. Bev just rolls her eyes at me. We now have six computers (if you count the Mac) in our 2-person house. Nerd is my hobby.

Bev and I spent last weekend setting up the baby room. Our little boy has so many clothes, he could probably wear a different one-sie every day for about a month (provided he never spits up and explodes out of his diapers---hahaha yeah right). In a few more weeks, I'll be an official dad. I guess it finally hit me while setting up his room, how much less I will be thinking of what I want to do for myself (if that made any sense)...even with little Lucy our puppy, we're always thinking, has she pooped/peed, eaten/slept, etc etc. So few more weeks of preparation and then...showtime! "Are you ready?" Beverly asks me. Well. I'm ready to take on the responsibility. Do I know what it all entails? Well, all I know is it's going to take a lot of patience, laughing at myself, humility, and love. And Turkey Hill ice cream. MMMMMMMMMMMMM I think I'll eat some right now. Till next time.

2 comments:

andrew said...

Nice! I wish I could find computers on the side of the road to tinker with. I only have 2 laptops at home, one is really old and sooooo slow. Plus you can't really tinker with laptops....:(

Giving up Alias 3 for the GRE? You must be REALLY motivated to do this. Good job Bob (Mark)!

Anonymous said...

So mark, when are we going to go head to head in a good old game of Warcraft II?