Saturday, May 07, 2005

Where is the love?

The nice thing about having a female OB/GYN is that she's female and understands. The bad thing about having a female OB/GYN is that she's female, and understands, and has no sympathy, and may tell you about how she was performing surgeries 2 days before she delivered her own baby. "It's all normal, just tough it."
As if being pregnant didn't already mean that emotions are running high; her remarks just threw me over the edge! I really didn't want to hear that its "normal" or that "some pregnant women have it worse then you". I should be grateful I'm not bed-ridden, but a few words of real encoragement would have made a big difference in my day.

On a lighter note...
I'm working on a quilt made of pieces of scrap material I got in Hawaii from a place that makes childrens aloha print clothing. I've never made a quilt before, but I've planned it out in my mind and I think it looks good in my head.
I'm making it public knowledge that its my goal to finish it BEFORE 6 June. And you all can hold me to it.
I have a huge problem with projects like these. I get great project ideas, get through the design phase, but the momentum dies out before its completion date. What does that mean? Perhaps, I question my original idea and design, and don't complete the project because I'm afriad of finding out that my design wasn't as good as I thought, and could have just bought the same item, made in China, sold at Target, for the cost of just the materials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very sensitive to Mom's prenancies. So, it was tough for me to take. So, I am amazed how she turned joyous every time following the birth of each child while I was totally stressed out. You will do well - Dad at Mukilteo.