Monday, October 18, 2004

*Sigh* it's Monday...

I thought about calling in sick just to play with my new sewing machine. I've wanted my WHOLE life! Seriously. When I was 10, I begged and begged my mom to get me a kid sized sewing machine, that actually sewed a simple straight stitch, I had seen in the toy store in Hong Kong. It was pink with flower stickers on it, it had a little light bulb that would go dim whenever you started sewing, and it came with all the little gadgets a little semstress would ever need. I sewed little bags and clothes for my dolls, I was even sewing on paper before any scrap-booker thought of it. I used it until, like most toys, my baby sister got ahold of it; parts got broken and pieces were lost. But it was a toy, so it wasn't going to last me till college, And since then, I've always wanted one of my own.
Like any childhood toy, you always think back and wonder, "whatever happened to that?" I think it may have got lost in the shuffle of moving.
Mark bought me this sewing machine as a late birthday present. I wanted to do my research to find one that would meet my needs at an affordable price. Sewing machines have come a LONG way. This one is almost completely computerized, has an LED light that doesn't dim when you sew, and comes with tons more of everything. I love the LED light, it's like the color of the Zenon headlights on a BMW! So cool.
Now, what do I sew first?

No comments: