Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 2

Yesterday was fun. Mark's dad's friend took us around the northern coastline. And we visited with Evan's greatgrandma and  Mark's aunts and uncles. Evan didn't put on the best impression, I think because of a combination of things. Probably jet lag, being in the car a lot, and he's teething a molar. I'm sure that's gotta hurt. We hadn't seen anything in his gums till last night while he was in a crying fit. You can see in the back of his mouth a little white thing pokeing through. The tylenol didn't seem to do anything for him and I couldn't find the oragel I thought I packed. So the poor kid just had to deal with it. He fell asleep really easily, but kept waking up in the middle of the night. At 2am i heard him moving around in his peapod bed and the next thing I knew he was on our bed and did a belly flop on me. With his jet lag he was awake at 5am fussing and rolling all over the bed and us. Mark and I both got pleasent wake up kicks and punches from his flinging limbs.
We've been eating non-stop it seems. Just as we think we've recovered from the last food coma, we're fed again. We went to a wholesale fruit market yesterday, and now we have a few crates of papaya, yellow watermelon, and something that Mark calls an apple shaped like a pear that tastes like a sweet celery?
Well, we're on our way to church. And I think I heard something about going to a Japanese buffet today.

2 comments:

LCT said...

Hey Bev, Mark, and Evan
How're things in Taiwan? The last time you went it sounded like it was really warm over there even during the winters.

It's been a LONG time since I've had yellow watermelon, for a while I thought it was my imagination. Does it taste any different from a regular watermelon?

Take care.

Jerin said...

Mmm. Oh well. Enjoy it. Believe me, you're not getting any sympathy from me. Frozen pizzas and burritos just aren't cutting it anymore over here. :) 3 more days! wooohooo!